Types of hosting solutions
A hosting solution includes stashing and/or sharing certain content on a hosting server handled by a hosting company. There are different varieties of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's take a glance at these. Doing so, you can choose what you want, depending on whether you wish to set up a weblog, email address accounts, or to share files with mates and partners.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by various hosts, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage plans often involve ads by the download links, while a timer makes you await a given span of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely imprecise explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would assign the tasks at hand between independent stacks of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving various hosting services (mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a sort of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain distributors provide a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting kind is suitable if you desire to share a large amount of pictures with chums or partners since the service is typically free of cost. You will get a random link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to handling your e-mail aliases. Some companies provide web site hosting services for websites, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you desire to get an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can create email mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file brings about a certain amount of CPU load, so with a few video files and a few hundred site viewers, you may have a problem with your web space hosting quotas. Embedding the video will enable you to utilize as many video files as you want without bothering about system quotas.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to possess a site. To a certain extent, it embodies all of the aforesaid hosting sorts since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and mails, upload video files, and so on. At Lonex, for instance, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that permit you to have all of the aforementioned services in a single location. There may be limitations based on the form of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are meant for specific content solely.